Zverovshchikov Aleksandr Evgen'evich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, sub-department of engineering technologies and equipment, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lebedev Gennadiy Gennad'evich, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Gurin Pavel Aleksandrovich, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, sub-department of engineering technologies and equipment, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Water with a powder material is used as a working tool for hydroabrasive treatment. The quality of treatment and the service life of the equipment depends on the surface’s characteristics and the shape of the abrasive material’s particles, which is subject to a number of significant requirements. The cost of materials is quite high. The purpose of the work is to establish the possibility of reuse of abrasive material.
Materials and methods. The main machining medium in experiment was the abrasive GMA 80 MESH TR (technical requirements) 3986-00176245879–2011 with the grain size of the main fraction 0.8 mm. Work piece was 20 mm thick sheet of aluminum alloy D16 State Standart 17232-99. The computer simulation program “Kompas 3D” was used for ASCON.
Results. During hydroabrasive treatment, the radii of the grain protrusions, which are the main characteristic of the profile’s abrasive ability, significantly change. This leads to a reduction in their cutting capacity and the need to correct the hydroabrasive cutting technology to ensure the required cutting quality. However, when the grains are destroyed, new edges with different geometric characteristics are formed, which creates prerequisites for maintaining the grain’s performance.
Conclusions. Changes in the parameters of abrasive grains in powder for hydroabrasive treatment after a working cycle are analyzed to determine the possibility of its reuse. The theoretical prerequisites for the change in the characteristics of the cut surfaces when reusing grain are stated.
grain, abrasive, abrasive particles, contour, radius, hydroabrasive treatment
1. UralGRIT: official site. Available at: http://www.uralgrit.com/abrazivnie-poroshki/stat_i/sravnitelnye-ispytaniya-gidroabraziva-80-mesh-uralgrit-i-granatovogo-peska-garnet/ [In Russian]
2. Fedorchuk Yu. M., Matvienko V. V., Ivashutenko A. S. et al. Sposob retsiklinga otkhodov granatovogo peska ot gidroabrazivnoy rezki [Method for recycling garnet sand waste from hydroabrasive cutting]. Available at: https:// patents.s3.yandex.net/ RU2701017C1_20190924.pdf. [In Russian]
3. Yashkov V. A. Sovremennye naukoemkie tekhnologii [Modern high technologies]. 2018, no. 12-2, pp. 403–407. [In Russian]
4. Tekhnicheskie usloviya TU 3988-002-76245879–2011. Granatovyy poroshok [Technical requirements TR 3988-002-76245879-2011]. Moscow: ZAO «R-Garnet», 2011, 16 p. [In Russian]
5. Kragel'skiy I. V., Dobychin M. Kh., Kombalov V. S. Osnovy raschetov na trenie i iznos [Fundamentals of friction and wear calculations]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1977, 526 p. [In Russian]